This piece was a something that I started at the last minute for yet another competition on Sketchfab. This was another Low-Poly Challenge with the theme being “Hand Painted Door”.

I don’t have as much experience creating environments compared to my character work, so I took this as a great opportunity to try something new.

The piece itself was largely created in Maya out of primitives. I then took it into ZBrush for the high poly detailing and texture painting with Polypaint which I applied to UVs I created with UVMaster and Maya.

In the end I was happy with what I accomplished in a very tight time frame, but I would love another opportunity to work on another environment piece with the full time allotted.